1. Interactive audience voting has been set-up on behalf of Channel O by DStv Online, a division of Multichoice (Pty) Ltd, to enable Channel O viewers to vote for their favorite music videos in the 2012 Channel O Music Video Awards.
2. Voting opens at midnight CAT on 31 August 2012 and closes on 8 November 2012 at 5pm CAT. Only votes received in this period will be regarded as “valid votes”. Votes made or received outside of these dates will not be counted but will be charged, if applicable. This includes votes sent prior to the closing time but only received after the closing time.
3. After the lines have closed, the result of the vote will be established from all votes received. Late votes, or votes not received by the time the result is calculated, will be regarded as “invalid votes” and will not be counted but will be charged.
4. Channel O reserves the right to disqualify votes if it has reasonable grounds to suspect that fraudulent voting has occurred or if it considers that there has been any attempt to rig the voting.
5. Channel O reserves the right to change the voting rules at any time, and may suspend, withdraw or re-set voting at its sole discretion.
6. You may vote by SMS, by Web, by WAP and via the MXit service.
7. You can vote via SMS by texting a voting code for your favourite contestant to +27 83 920 8406. The voting codes are specified on Channel O TV broadcasts and on the website. All SMS votes from South African numbers will be charged at standard SMS rates. For all other countries, standard international SMS rates apply. Please ask permission from the bill payer prior to voting. No refunds will be offered at any time. All unrecognized SMSs (SMSs where the text does not match the advertised voting text OR cannot be allocated to a specific contestant) will be charged for but not counted.
8. Online voting is available for web and WAP at www.channelo.tv. Online voting is also available at www.facebook.com/channelotv. Online voting is free of charge, but you may vote online once per hour, per category.
9. MXit voting will be via the MXit application on your mobile phone. The maximum votes per MXit user is 100. MXit votes will cost 20 Moola.
10. At the end of the voting period winners will be drawn randomly from the valid votes. The Winners will be contacted by a representative from ChannelO after the voting period has closed and notified of the prize they have won as swell as delivery/collection information. The Winners will be announced on the ChannelO website. More information on prizes can be found at http://www.channelo.tv Mxit users’ contact details will be collected from their profile information by MXit.
11. In the event that the vote outcome cannot be reasonably determined (due to a technical failure or other circumstance beyond Channel O’s reasonable control), then Channel O will have the final say in the conclusion of the vote. This decision will be final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
12. Channel O, the Producers, Multichoice Africa (Pty) Ltd, their subsidiary and holding companies, employees, directors, agents and sub-contractors (“the Indemnified Persons”), do not accept responsibility whatsoever for any technical failure or malfunction or any other problem with any mobile network, system, server, provider, software or otherwise which may result in any vote being lost or not properly received, registered or recorded or not being received on or before the closing time.
13. Channel O is committed to operating fair viewer voting and to preventing abuse of its systems, as well as those of its agents and sub-contractors. Channel O cannot guarantee that the mobile networks will be free from error or omissions, nor that they will be available uninterrupted and in a fully operating condition.
14. In the case of system failure or repair or for any reasons beyond the reasonable control of Channel O, the system and/or service may be suspended temporarily and without notice. The Indemnified Persons will not be liable to any person in the event that all or any part of the system and/or service is discontinued, modified or interrupted in any way.
15. You hereby release and/or indemnify the Indemnified Persons from all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of or in connection with your participation in the voting in terms hereof, including, but not limited to, where arising out of the following: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction; (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of Channel O; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) use of the prize.